Friday, March 20, 2009

30 Days / Snow / Neil Finn

I've got some good news and some bad news.

The good news is that I might start making YouTube again in 30 days.

The bad news is that you won't find me on the Internet at all for at least the next 30 days.

I'm going on a bit of an Internet holiday. I'll actually still be using the Internet to get my sports and news information, but I'm not going to be interacting with any of you fine folks online. I won't be blogging, I won't be Twittering, I won't be facebook-ing, and I won't be YouTube-ing ( Well, I will be watching videos on YouTube, but I'm not going to comment on videos, respond to comments, or manage my YouTube account in any way ( Well, I might favorite a video that I like, but that's about it. )).

I'm not going to go into the reasons why I'm taking this break from my online life, except to say that suspending my YouTube video-making was a good start, but it really wasn't enough. I'll definitely be back, and I'll almost certainly return to making videos when I get back, but for now, I need to take a break.

So yeah, I'll be gone for at least 30 days ( Perhaps longer, but hopefully only 30 days ). After I post this blog entry, I won't even by checking to see if anyone responded to this post. I'll check in 30 days, so if you would like to comment on this post, you'll need to wait for 30 days before I approve the comment.

OK, now that I've gotten that out of the way, I'd still like to make this blog post a fairly normal one rather than a blog post that just says "goodbye". So, before I sign off, I'd like to report a few random things.

First of all, it snowed today ( on the first day of Spring ). Here are some pictures:






Second, I got a rather odd compliment on YouTube yesterday. I certainly don't mind getting compliments ( It's one of the nicer things about my YouTube experience ), but this compliment was a little bit different. Somebody left a comment on my "Silent E" video which said "you're just as cute as Neil Finn! ". Now, I'm certainly flattered that this random person apparently thinks that I'm cute, but I had never heard of Neil Finn before, so I found it odd that this Neil Finn person was being used as some kind of benchmark for cuteness. Naturally, this comment made me a bit curious about Neil Finn. Who is he, and what does he look like? Well, apparently he's a singer, the frontman for Crowded House. I probably should have known who Neil Finn was, because I have heard of the band Crowded House, and I'm certainly familiar with songs like "Don't Dream It's Over" and "Never Be the Same". So, after I figured out who he was, I checked his Google images. I dunno - I'm sure he was a good-looking fellow at one point in his life, but when I look at his recent photos, the only word that comes to mind is "old". The person who paid me the Neil Finn compliment was listed at being 42 years old, so perhaps he/she was thinking of Neil Finn from back in his heyday in the 80's rather than the rather worn and withered Neil Finn of today. Hmm - I don't really mind the compliment, but it's just odd to tell somebody that they are cute by comparing them to somebody who is about 20 years past their prime. It's kinda like telling a girl, "You're just as cute as Belinda Carlisle!". Sure, Belinda was quite hot back in the day, but if you wanted to tell a girl you thought she was cute, you'd probably compare her to somebody of a more recent vintage.

Ok, well on that odd note, I'll bid you folks adieu for now. I'm going to update my other online homes to point folks to this blog entry, but after that, you won't see me for a while.

Take Care Folks,
Rich

1 comment:

munchkinhugs said...

Hey mate. Enjoy your break from online life. I hope things work out (:

Comments regarding the snow -photos turned out pretty awesome! I love the children's play set!

YOU HAD TO GOOGLE NEIL FINN? Dude! Crowded House = FAMOUS Australian band. Haha. They were actually originally from Sydney (I think).. although, I think Finn was from NZ.. haha.
Belinda Carlisle = great music!

Rightyohes. Hope to hear from you in the near future (: +good luck.