Saturday, March 14, 2009

Some Links

A clue to what I did today ...

"Let me tell you how it will be.
There's 1 for you, 19 for me."

Busy day today, and I need to wake up early tomorrow, so I 'm just going to leave you with a couple of links. Recently, I thought of a singer I enjoyed from the late 80's and early 90's and a show I enjoyed from the mid 90's. Some you folks might not remember this singer or this show ( One of the folks who reads this blog was born in 1991 ), so hopefully I'll be introducing some of you folks to something you'll enjoy ( BTW, I'm not really one of those "Back in my day, everything was better"-types. I think there is great stuff produced in every generation, and I think it's great when folks from different generations can share stuff that they enjoy. For example, thanks to one of my readers, I now know who Maria Mena is ( and I'm glad that I do ). ).

Anyway, the first person I'd like to to provide some links for, is a singer called Eddie Brickell. I bought her first two albums when I was in college. I didn't really keep up with her after that, though I do know that she married Paul Simon ( and it seems like she kinda disappeared from the music scene after that - perhaps she's made more albums, but I haven't really been paying attention ). Anyway, the song that she hit it big with was called "What I Am". However, I'm not going to bother to provide a link to that one. Instead, I'll provide links to a pair of hidden gems that popped into my head when I was doing yard work recently. One is called "Circle" and the other is called "Ghost of a Dog" ( Crap, there actually is not a YouTube clip for "Ghost of a Dog", and it's too late for me to spend all night searching for a link via Goggle. Well, there is a YouTube clip, but it just has parts of the song edited in a strange way. Anyway, if you can find the song, take a listen. I just LOVE the way she transitions from the word "ago" to "ghost" in this song ).

The other thing I wanted to share with you is this clip from the program "Mr. Show". This is the "Milking Machine" musical from "Mr. Show". This skit is really the acid test for whether you are going to like this show. Unfortunately, I just noticed that the last two minutes of the skit are not included in the YouTube link above. I'll provide the full skit in an blog post edit if I can find it later. For now though, if you are entertained by the link above, you should click on this link to watch the "Milking Machine Song" that closes the skit. Really, if you've taken the time to watch the first 5 minutes of this skit, it would be a crime not to see the song which closes the skit. If you watch both links above you will have seen all but a but a minute of the skit ( That minute is mostly Jack Black prancing around ).

Goodnight all,
Rich

P.S. My next post is going to be about a famous person. I'll leave you with a hint about who this person is. At one point, this person was one half of the most famous couple in the world. The other famous person in this couple is no longer alive.

No comments: