Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Random thoughts

Just two random thoughts I had while reading the news today ...

1) About 9 years ago, Ruth and I went on a one-week cruise. On the first day ( before we left the dock ), they had a lifeboat drill. Every passenger had a pre-assigned lifeboat, so we all had to gather near our assigned lifeboat while a crew member went over the evacuation procedure. So, I'm standing there, looking at all the people people I might be stranded in a lifeboat with, and all I could think was ...

"These are the people I might have to eat."

2) Greg Evigan: I was reading a news story today, and for some reason it reminded me of Greg Evigan. Of course, I don't expect most of my readers to have any idea who Greg Evigan is. Most of you are too young and live too far from the USA to have ever heard of Greg Evigan. Frankly though, I'm willing to bet that most Americans my age have no idea who Greg Evigan is. About 30 years ago, millions of people knew who he was. These days, he's probably only known by me, his Mom, and a few other folks. I probably only have one regular blog reader who might remember Greg Evigan ( EZ from Cali - He's my age ), though it's possible that I could have one new reader who knows. Faydeen, I know you found my facebook page via my blog page, so if you're reading this, let me know if you remember Greg Evigan. You were probably just about the right age to have a crush on him during his heyday.

I guess that's it for now, except for a little self-promotion.

I think I might have gained a few new blog readers lately. If I have, I'd like to say "Welcome aboard!" to all my new readers, and I'd like to encourage you all to read some of my blog archives. I think you'll find some of my old stories entertaining, and it always makes me very happy to get blog comments, especially comments on really old blog posts.

Rich

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to disappoint -- I had to look him up. NOw I have the theme music to that stupid TV show stuck in my head...

Z

P.S.: Lifeboat: morbid much? %-}

Anonymous said...

I don't think i could eat a human. Gives me chivers!
I looked up this Greg Evigan dude considering i didn't know who he was but if you ever mention him again i will know him now=>

Rochelle