Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Willie

I'd like write a long meaningful blog post, but it's so late, and I'm so very very tired. So instead, I'll just direct you to this link ( If you've paying attention to my blog and YT channel lately, then you really don't need me to explain the link ).

BTW, nothing against the Pet Shop Boys, but they shoulda left this song alone. Nobody should have been allowed to record a version of this after Willie Nelson. Elvis' version is OK, but only Willie got this song exactly right. The same thing applies to "Wind Beneath My Wings". Willie recorded it years before Bette Midler did, and I think his version is far superior to hers.

Time to sleep. Goodnight all.

Rich

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Huh. I hadn't even KNOWN that Willie Nelson did the original of "Wind Beneath My Wings".

Hmm, thinking about this song, now.

Z

P.S.: In completely unrelated news, are you going to be around in mid-August?