Friday, July 3, 2009

Rain, Rain, Go Away.

I'll going to on vacation to Lake Compounce this weekend. Unfortunately, it's supposed to rain on Friday, and the temperature isn't supposed to reach 80 degrees Fahrenheit all weekend. This summer ( and late Spring ) has really sucked so far. By this time last year, the boys had already enjoyed the water rides at Sesame Place 3 or 4 times, and I had set up the backyard kiddie pool about 4 or 5 times during weekends. This year, the temperature has rarely gotten over 75 degrees, and it's rained almost every day ( and certainly each weekend ) since late May. We've only had one Sesame Place trip ( no water rides, just the dry rides ), and I've only filled the kiddie pool once ( last Sunday during a few hours of sunshine - and it really wasn't warm enough for the pool that day ). When Ruth and I arranged this vacation earlier this year ( we decided to go to Lake Compounce so we could pay my uncle ( my Dad's brother ) a visit in his nursing home. ) we never though it would be this cold in July. I was really hoping the boys could try the water rides. I hope we get enough sunshine tomorrow so they can at least try the water-slides a little bit.

Anyway, I'm off to sleep. We've got a long drive on Friday morning.

Rich

P.S. A copy of Roxio Toast 9.0 arrived at my home today. After I RTFM, I should be able to use it to get those Wiggles videos up on YouTube soon.

1 comment:

munchkinhugs said...

i think i already said this on facebook but hope you guys had a great time!