Wednesday, October 29, 2008

So much for synergy ...

Oh well. Based on the comments ( or lack thereof ) on the blog since my Old School Blog vid, and the relatively small numbers of views on the video itself, I guess this whole blog/vlog synergy thing isn't working as I might have hoped. In any case, I know I have an audience of at least one ( Thank you Shweta! ( especially if you are reading this during your valuable procrastination time! ) ), so I will do my best to keep this blog moving along.
I feel like my YouTube channel has started to get bit stale lately ( I guess I'm too focused on the election to be too creative, but I'm definitely going to have to come up with some new material after election day ), but I have an idea to shake things up a bit. When I find the time ( probably this weekend ), I'm going to do an entire video playing a character. I've done one video with characters before ( 4 Hour Erection ), and that went pretty well, but that vid was more communitychannel-style, where I'm myself for most of the video, and then transition to a scene where I play multiple characters. I'd like to try doing a video where I play one character, and stay in character for the entire video. I've already written the script for it, and for being a loyal blog reader, I'll give you two hints about the content of the upcoming video.
1) The video will be a response to Natalie's recent "Maxim models" video.
2) The character's main prop is a hand mirror.
I just hope I can actually pull this off. There will be a very fine line between "funny" and "grating" for this video, and to stay on the funny side of the line, it's important that I really sell the character well. I'm going to need to keep a straight face and avoid breaking character for even a second. I think I'll be able to pull it off eventually, but I hope it doesn't take too many takes ( The "Scone" vid took me 17 takes before I got it right ).
Anyway, I hope do to a quick Halloween blog tomorrow.
Rich

1 comment:

munchkinhugs said...

I enjoy watching your vlogs and reading the blogs!

As for things becoming stale, I don't think so. Everyone has their dry spells. Rain always follows (rain = more people reading/watching etc.!).

Can't wait to watch the new video. I love creative videos. Yesterday, pre-party I ducked into the plaza and had an experience like the one Natalie had described in one of her videos. There was a naughty child and his mother pointed at me and said "LOOK! THE LADY IS LOOKING AT YOU, SHE'S GETTING MAD!".. the kid looked at me so scared and instead of supporting the mother, I sort of just... ran away =\
Haha.
Perhaps I shall make a video acting this out after exams, it could be fun =)