Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Scalia

With the US Presidental election rapidly approaching, I feel compelled to make at least one more political YouTube vlog before the election. I feel inspired to make a video which reminds people about the huge impact the next President will have on the Supreme Court. I don't think the US can afford another President who would appoint strict constructionists ( like Antonin Scalia ) to the Supreme Court (John McCain has made it clear that he would appoint strict constructionists ). The challenge is going to be to find a way to do the following in just a 10 minute video:
1) Explain what strict constructionism is.
2) Explain the implications it has on our everyday lives.
3) Explain why the strict constructinist judicial philosophy is flawed and dangerous.
It's not going to be easy to do this without boring half my viewers to tears, but it will be fun to try.
Well, that's all for now. I'm off to read a few Supreme Court descisions.
Rich

1 comment:

MoLewis57 said...

Yes I'm leaving a comment on my own blog. Pretty sad, I know, but the blog just looks like kind of lonely without any comments. I figure I might as well add a comment just to break the ice.