Monday, October 20, 2008

Need a new laptop

This blogging stuff could be fun, but if I'm really going to get into this, I'm going to need to get a new laptop. I let my kids play with the laptop a lot, and they've done a bit of damage ( Well, most of the damage was done by my 3 year-old son Peter. Michael ( who turned 5 on October 15th ) loves to play math games and watch YouTube clips ( he is very Internet savvy for his age ). Peter loves to watch his brother, and plays a few games of his own ( mostly SpongeBob games ). However Peter also thinks it is fun to pull keys off the keyboard. As a result, several of the key don't work too well. Almost every time I type a paragraph, I notice that "o"s, commas, and spaces are missing. It takes quite a bit of time to do a blog post that way ( in this sentence alone, I needed to retype the space key twice ). I do have a desktop iMac that works fine (I do my YouTube vids on that iMac after the kids (and usually my wife ) have fallen asleep ), but that's in the bedroom, and I don't really want to retreat to the bedroom to do blog posts. I rather do quick blog posts in my living room in-between playing with my kids.
This laptop is on its last legs anyway ( all sorts of problems the last few months ), so it wouldn't be a bad idea to get a new one. When I bought this laptop 2.5 years ago, I got the cheapest Windows laptop in the store, because I figured I'd mostly be using the iMac ( I just wanted the laptop for web browsing. I almost spent more on the wireless router stuff that the laptop ). I'll get a slightly better laptop next time, and I'll let the kids play with the old one.
In any case, this post was just a boring long-winded way of saying that I probably won't be doing lots of blog posts ( at least not long ones ) until I find a new laptop ( and that could take weeks, because I hate to shop ).
Rich

2 comments:

munchkinhugs said...

Perhaps you could get a USB keyboard? Although, I suppose you did say your laptop is fading into the darkness (or light) that is laptop heaven!

munchkinhugs said...

PS. Enjoy shopping =D haha