Sunday, June 27, 2010

Coming Attractions

Do I really need to write a blog post in June?

I guess so - I'd hate to have the first blank month in my blog archives.

It's just that thing have been really busy at work. I have't had nearly the time I'd like to have with my kids on the weekdays, and I even found myself working about 20 hours from home on a recent weekend. So yeah - free time has been short, and when I decide how to allocate the free time I have, I'm sorry to say that my wonderful blog readers lose out to my wife and kids.

Anyway, things should be better at work in a few weeks or so, and when that time comes, I intend to start writing again. Heck, I've even mused about YouTube videos, though I'm not even sure I remember exactly how to work iMovie anymore.

BTW, YouTube came to mind, because a month or so ago a long-time YouTube subscriber of mine sent me a message asking for some advice about life. I don't know if that person is reading this, but I just can't tell you how nice that made me feel. To think that somebody from YouTube land actually thought enough of me to seek out my advice ( after I pretty much abandoned YouTube ) - well it really made me feel like my videos made a little bit of a difference. It made me feel like I wasn't completely wasting my time by making all those videos. I honestly don't know when I'll find the time and energy again to made videos, but the message that subscriber sent certainly makes it more likely that I'll make videos again.

Anyway, enough with the YouTube tangent, I really started this post to talk about my blog a bit ( You know what? I just went back and changed the word "talk" in the previous sentence to "write", but then I changed it back to "talk", because I really do feel like I'm talking to you folks out there when I write these things. ). I just wanted to give you an idea of the things I might be writing about when I find time to write. In no particular order, I hope to write the following posts soon:

1) It's about time I finished up with my story about "What I did on my Spring Vacation". After all, it's already Summer now, and while nobody probably even cares at this point, I probably should finish off that series of posts.

2) Speaking of things that are overdue, I'd really like to post the photos from my California vacation last year. I actually picked out the photos I wanted to post several months ago and put them in a special folder, but I haven't found the time to post them to facebook will all the appropriate annotations. When I do find time, I'll let you know on this blog.

3) Neil's post on LOST got me thinking about TV shows I really liked that never reached a satisfying conclusion. BTW, I never watched LOST. I tend to have bad luck with TV shows. When I get interested in TV shows with interesting plots that promise to reveal lots of mysteries over a series of years, those shows tend to get canceled in one year.

( Editor's ( that would be me ) Note: I had to stop writing for a moment because a HUGE beetle just tried to crawl up my shorts as I wrote this post. I smashed it rather quickly because I though it my might be a roach ( and I wouldn't want a roach to get away and reproduce ), but when I took a good look at it ( I checked Google images for something that matched its shape ), I came to the conclusion that it was probably a violet ground beetle - that is until I read that violet ground beetles are primarily found in the UK. In any case, it wasn't a roach or a termite, so at least I've got that going for me. BTW, I ate a few bugs today at my company Summer party ( They served bugs as a special delicacy - I'm wearing an official "Eat a Bug Club" sticker on my T-shirt right now ). I wonder if my little beetle friend was trying to get revenge for his brethren. )

4) A Different Kind of Shallow - I'm just going to give you the title of this post, and let you guess about what it might ultimately be about.

Rich

1 comment:

RnB said...

thanks for the mention of my end of LOST post. I realize that some people are still unsatisfied with the ending of it but I'm absolutely satisfied w/ the final season and the final 2 episodes named "The End".
I think that having so much investment was detrimental to some people enjoying the LOST series finale at the time it was broadcast. Opinions will likely change about it with successive DVD or Blu-ray LOST series rewatches imo.

I started rewatching the whole LOST series on DVD again a little before the series finale aired. Kind of dropped off after getting through Season 2 because of starting to watch World Cup matches (which are still ongoing) I'll pick it up again before Season 6 (the final season) is released on DVD.

Ok, I've gone on about LOST again. sorry about that. Hope summer treats you and your family well.